RSS

Dining room changes...




Here is my dining room as it is now... With dark brown paint and the mirror collage. I am not in love. We have an ugly ceiling fan that was existing and most of the furniture was new. I had the drapery made and put in just after we moved in a couple of years ago. I have been dying to change this room for a while now but have been kind of undecided on what exactly to do. (I have had a square of Slate Grey from Restoration Hardware painted on the wall for 3 months or so waiting for my husband to give in.)

So we will paint and I have decided to sell the mirrors to make way for a large reproduction clock face with zinc. I am so excited! I am hoping that the grey on grey will work for the space. I would really love to have some mirrored window panes here - but a clock face will do nicely for now.  I am going to recover the chair seats too once the painting is done.  I found a great settee at the Long Beach Flea Market a few months back that I was thinking of putting in here but it is too low so I have another location planned for that.

The floor will remain unfinished concrete as I am still deciding if we should stain it or just wait for the wood flooring I liked to be within my budget.

I have decided to go ahead with the Slate paint from Restoration Hardware- I love the dark contrast with the white trim. As we progress I will have to give you an update...

(I know I never did do an update on the front door project- they look amazing- I will have to take some pictures and post them.)

What do you think?

Don't forget to join us on facebook we will keep you updated on the latest happenings with greige and our upcoming shop opening!


images via me

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment